The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces. Now that she’s got pretty much all her parts, her main job is to keep on growing.
- Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
- She’s about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
- She’s now developing her reflexes — if you poke her body, she’ll likely move.
- She’s opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
- Her brain is developing fast!
From Jessyka: Almost done with the first trimester! Yay! I’m looking forward to the extra boost of energy I’ve been promised the last 7 weeks. Last night our friend Cathy showed us the beginnings of a little stuffed snail she’s making for the baby, very exciting. Debra and Greg are visiting until Thursday. Although they keep getting little glimpses of the magnificent mountains surrounding Cordova, most of their views contain large amounts of snow falling from the sky.
Next appointment is April 10th, hopefully I’ll get to hear the heartbeat again.